Download Create Your Plate PDF
We invite you to create your own historic meals and share your creations with us on social media! Happily in this digital age many historic cookbooks, articles, menus, and advertisements are available online.
Check out the sources below to find your favorite historical recipes.
- Feeding America: The Historic American Cookbook Project courtesy of the Michigan State University Libraries
- Emergence of Advertising in America: Advertising Cookbooks courtesy of the Duke University Libraries
- Service Through Sponge Cake courtesy of the Indiana University Libraries and the Indianapolis Public Library
- Historical Cookbooks courtesy of Texas Tech University Libraries Digital Collections
- Menu collection courtesy of Los Angeles Public Library
- Digitized Coookbooks courtesy of Kitchen Historic
- The Cookbook and Home Economics Collection courtesy of the Internet Archive
- Americana and Cookery/Cooking at the Internet Archive
Remember to use the hashtags #ChickenSoupSelfie and #MyPlate so we can show off your work!